- Hash Brown Crust:
- 20 oz. Frozen Hash Browns, thawed
- 1 large Egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup White Cheddar, shredded
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- Quiche Filling:
- 10 large Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups Josie’s Organics Spinach, lightly chopped
- 1 cup White Cheddar, shredded
- 1/2 Sweet Onion, thinly sliced
- 4-5 slices of Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil, or butter
- 1/2 cup Whole Milk
- 1/2 tsp. each: Salt & Black Pepper
- Parmesan Cheese, freshly grated, for serving
- Fresh Basil, for serving
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Freeze Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 2 hours 15 minutes
Hash Brown Crust – Squeeze as much liquid out of the thawed hash browns as possible, then place into a large mixing bowl.
Add the shredded cheddar, beaten egg, salt and black pepper. Stir together.
Lightly grease a 9″ spring form pan, then evenly press the hash brown crust mixture into the bottom and along the sides (making sure you don’t have any holes).
Freeze the crust for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Quiche Filling: 1. Preheat oven to 425F.
Bake the frozen hash brown crust for 15 minutes.
In the meantime, caramelize the onions by adding the olive oil to a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the onions to the hot skillet, stirring occasionally to prevent from burning. Cook 10-15 minutes, or until tender and browned.
In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, whole milk, salt, and black pepper. Whisk until well combined.
Add the bacon crumbles, 3/4 cup white cheddar, chopped spinach, and caramelized onions. Stir together.
Add quiche filling to the hash brown crust. Top with the remaining 1/4 cup white cheddar.
Lower oven temperature to 375F. Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until eggs has just set.
Allow the quiche to cool for at least 10 minutes before garnishing with freshly grated parmesan and fresh basil. Enjoy warm!