1. You are free to choose whether or not to engage in any activity on our Site that involves your submission of personal information, such as your name, email address or other information that can be used to identify or contact an individual, whether online or offline. We will ask you for such information expressly. Most of the activities on our Site do not require you to submit any personal information.
2. Other than in Special Circumstances which are described below (such as in relation to law enforcement or a business transfer), when we ask you to submit personal information we will use the information only for fulfillment of the activity or feature in which you have chosen to participate, such as receiving our emailed newsletters. We will never share your personal information with third parties for the purpose of such third parties marketing directly to you.
ESPECIALLY FOR CHILDREN UNDER 13
5. We do not condition participation in any activity on pages of the Site that are directed to children under 13 and we do not collect personal information on pages of the Site that are directed to children under 13. Our Site is intended to follow the principles of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), a U.S. law designed to protect the online privacy of children under the age of 13.
6. Parents may contact us to review, update or delete any of their children’s personal information that we may have inadvertently collected and to elect for us not to collect any additional personal information from their children.
INFORMATION WE REQUEST
Here are examples of personal information that we request:
- Share With a Friend. Visitors can provide their first name, a friend’s first name and friend’s email address to send a feature from our Site, such as a recipe, to the friend via email. We use such information only to fulfill the visitor’s request and do not store that information for any longer than reasonably necessary to send the relevant email.
- Email Newsletters. When visitors to our Site wish to sign up to receive our email newsletters, we will ask for a first name, email address and state. All newsletters contain instructions so that the recipient may unsubscribe automatically at any time.
- Submit a Recipe. Visitors may choose to share their own, unique recipe with us. On the Submit a Recipe page we request name and email address. We have specific terms and conditions for submitting a recipe, which relate to copyright matters, ownership and distribution rights.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to maintain the security of information but cannot guarantee that information security measures are fail-safe or guarantee that information on our Site may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. Our Site maintains technical and organizational steps to keep information collected secure, including limiting the number of people who have physical access to our database servers and use of electronic security systems and password protections to guard against unauthorized access.
OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
Involvement in your family’s online lives is one of the most important safety tools available. In addition, we encourage you to educate yourself and your child on privacy concerns. We recommend, as a starting point, the following guide published by the federal government, http://www.onguardonline.gov/articles/0031-kids-privacy.
Last Updated: June 20, 2014